Chicken Chili Ingredients:
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 cans great northern beans, rinsed
- 1 whole white onion, diced
- 1 cup frozen white corn
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 ½ cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 bulb fresh garlic, minced
- 6 habanera peppers
- ½ cup white wine
- 1 can chicken broth
- 2 tsp. cumin powder
- 1 tsp. coriander powder
- 1 tbsp. ground white pepper
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lime, squeezed for juice
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup shredded pepper jack cheese
Heat olive oil in large sauté pan to medium-high heat, and add garlic, onions, and chicken. Sauté for 10-15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
In a large Dutch oven add chicken broth, cumin, coriander, ground white pepper, lime juice, habanera peppers (if mild chili is preferred, use fewer hot peppers, as desired - the quantity given is very hot!), and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium, cover with lid, and let simmer for 10-15 minutes. Add the chicken, garlic, and onion mixture, plus the corn, beans, yellow bell pepper, mushrooms, and white wine.
Cover and let simmer for approximately 30-35 minutes.
When finished, remove from heat and stir in the sour cream. Garnish with the shredded pepper jack cheese, and serve with crusty garlic bread..enjoy !